Growth and Development
|These questions are from the test bank. Some questions have multiple parts.|
Short Answer Essay
1. What is the traditional definition of Mercantilism?
2. What are some benefits of a government developing its defense industries?
3. What is hegemony?
4. What is the Bretton Woods System?
5. Marx identified three problems with capitalism.
6. According to Vladimir Lenin, how did the capitalistic countries escape the inherent problems of capitalism?
7. What is Dependency Theory?
8. What are the common methods that government can help foster research and development?
9. What is the liberal view for intellectual property rights?
10. What is the mercantilistic view for intellectual property rights?
11. What is the structuralist view for intellectual property rights?
12. What happens if intellectual property rights are weak?
13. What was the Keiretsu important for Japan's economic development?
14. What are benefits and problems for Russia's transition to capitalism?
15. How did the Communist Party in China incorporate market reforms into their society?
16. What kind of economic policies do the World Bank, International Monetary Fund, and World Trade Organization recommend?
17. What is import substitution?
18. What is export oriented growth?
19. What is the role of women in Less Developed Countries (LDCs)?
20. What are the characteristics of countries that export petroleum and other valuable minerals?