|These short answer questions are from the exam bank. These questions reflect the style of the professor.|
Topic 10 - Microsoft Office 2007 - PowerPoint
Note - On the exam, you need to have your name in the PowerPoint file name.
1. You goal is to violate all PowerPoint etiquette. You are allowed to be as creative as possible.
2. Change the background of the PowerPoint. You may create your own background using you own picture, colors, gradients, and styles.
3. Add a slide transition to every slide with a sound effect. You may have the same transition and sound for all slides or you can mix and match different transitions and sounds.
4. You need at least five slides: Title slide, Contents slide, and at least three information slides
5. You must include at least on picture on an information slide. Make sure you have a two content slide with text on one side and picture on other slide.
6. On the title page, include music.
Topic 10 - Presentation Etiquette
1. What kind of color scheme should you use for creating a PowerPoint
A. Use different color schemes for every slide; distracting the audience helps them pay attention
2. What kind a font should you choose for your PowerPoint presentation?
A. Choose an easy to read font, like Times Roman
3. Which fonts are considered bad fonts for PowerPoint presentations?
A. CHARLESWORTH (a capitalized, fancy font)
4. What is the rule for capitalizing all letters in a word or a sentence
for PowerPoint presentations?
A. Capitalize all letters; helps the audience stay awake
5. What is the rule for font size in PowerPoint presentations?
A. Font size is large enough for audience to read text
6. What is the rule about the amount of text on a PowerPoint slide?
A. The more text on a slide, the more intelligent the presentation appears
7. What is a good color scheme for a PowerPoint presentation?
A. Light font with a dark background, or a dark font with a bright background
8. What is the rule about animation on a PowerPoint presentation?
A. Keep animation consistent
9. What is the rule for adding pictures and graphs to a PowerPoint
A. Never add pictures or graphs; they annoy the audience
10. What is the rule for adding graphs to a PowerPoint presentation?
A. Keep graph simple and define all units used in graph
11. What is the rule for adding advance mathematics to a PowerPoint
A. The more mathematics, the more intelligent the presentation
12. What is the rule for adding advance mathematics to a PowerPoint
A. Audience is not likely to remember long equations
13. What is the proper format for a PowerPoint presentation
A. Use full, long sentences in text
14. How does PowerPoint check for spelling?
A. PowerPoint cannot check the spelling
15. How should you read your PowerPoint presentation to the audience?
A. Look at your audience and read your presentation
16. What should be the title of your last slide in the PowerPoint
A. The introduction
Topic 11 - Website Etiquette
1. What does WYSIWYG stand for?
2. How do most websites earn their money?
3. What is the rule for the amount of advertising on a webpage?
4. What is the rule for animation and sound?
5. What is the rule for background images for a webpage?
6. What is the rule of using Flash on a website?
7. Do the copyright rules apply for a website? Please explain.
8. Should your website load pictures from another website? What is the danger?
9. What is the rule for hyperlinks?
10. What is the rule for menu bars?
11. What is a spambot?