1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (or 178 degrees C)
2. Combine and mix thoroughly flour, brown and white sugars, salt, baking powder,, and baking soda. If you are using cocoa powder, then add cocoa also.
3. Melt butter under low heat on the stove. If you are using blocks of unsweetened chocolate, then melt chocolate with butter. Add the butter, beaten eggs, and vanilla to the dry mixture and blend thoroughly.
4. Once mixed, add the crushed nuts.
5. Pour mixture onto a greased pan and bake. The baking time depends on the oven and pan. For example, brownies are ready in fifteen minutes when baked in a 9 by 10 inch pan with the top and bottom elements on in a toaster oven. Poke with a tooth pick. If the tooth pick is dry then remove from oven.
6. Once cooled, cut brownies into squares. A 9 by 10 inch cookie sheet makes 19 brownies.
Spread a frosting or icing on top.
Note: I reduced the sugar in half. If you like really sweet brownies, then add two cups of sugar..
Note: The baking soda helps give the brownies a nice browing color
By John Smith posted July 30, 2015
1 cup of powered sugar
3 tablespoons butter
1/4 teaspoon vanilla
2/3 cup desiccated coconut
1 cup chopped peanuts
Melt butter in sauce pan. Add all ingredients and mix thoroughly. Add evaporated milk slowly until you get the desired consistency. Spread evenly over brownies.