1. Steam rice in a rice cooker with two cups water.
2. Marinate chicken in milk, egg, black pepper, and salt for 20 minutes.
3. Dust chicken with flour and deep fry until golden brown.
4. Saute onions and green pepper in a sauce pan until onions soften. Remove and place onions and green pepper to the side.
5. In the same sauce pan, dissolve cornstarch in a small amount of broth and add remaining broth ingredients. Slowly heat mixture and continue stirring.
6. Once sauce begins boiling, add onions, green pepper, cashews, and chicken. Coat ingredients with sauce.
7. Serve immediately on a bed of rice.
Tip: You can add a teaspoon of chicken bouillon, but be careful of the salt.
Tip: The original recipe recommended soy sauce, but soy sauce darkens the sauce too much and adds more salt.