1. Mix the dry ingredients together. Sift the baking soda and baking powder through a wire mesh.
2. In a sauce pan, gradually melt the butter. If you are using chocolate squares, then add the chocolate to the butter to melt it. If you are using cocoa powder, then please add the powder to the dry ingredients.
3. Add the melted butter to the dry ingredients. Add eggs and vanilla and mix well. Then add the milk.
4. Butter the cake pans. Add a little of flour and shake around until you get an even coating. Discard excess flour. Pour batter into cake pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 35 minutes. Insert a toothpick. If it is dry when you pull out, then cake is finished.
5. For the frosting, melt the butter in a saucepan and add the chocolate. If you are using cocoa, just add the cocoa to the powdered sugar. Combine all ingredients well. Gradually add milk to get the consistency you want.
6. Then frost the cake once it cools.
Tip: Please use a high cream milk. The fats in the milk and butter keeps the cake moist and delicious.