1. Carve a hole in the center of the bread. Place on skillet over medium to low heat. Drizzle oil in bread hole. Move bread around in the oil
2. Crack an egg and pour into hole.
3. Brown one side. Carefully flip bread and brown other side. You may sprinkle more oil.
4. Add cheese on top and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Tip: Believe it or not, this is a very difficult dish to get perfect. To get the bread toasted while the yolk is still soft.
2 slices of bread
Shredded cheddar or mozarilla cheese
Salt and black pepper
1. Butter one side of both slices of bread. Place buttered side down in a pan. Use a spoon to form an indentation in the center. Crack egg and gently place yolk in the center of the indentation. Spread the egg white acros the bread.
2. Sprinkle shredded cheese over the top. Bake in an oven at 200 Celsius until top is golden brown. My electric oven with both top and bottom heating elements on can bake this within 10 minutes.
3. Sprinkle salt and pepper, and enjoy.
Tip: This variation is much more difficult to prepare a dish with a soft yolk.