1. Bring a large pot of water to boil and add fried noodles. Strain water when noodles are soft.
2. Add lucheon meat, garlic, and onions to wok and sautee. Add just enough oil. Remove when ham is brown.
3. Sautee carrots first. After a several minutes, add cabbage. Add a little oil if vegetables absorb it.
4. Add fried noodles, lucheon meat, onions, and garlic. Use a fork and spatula to toss. Sprinkle oyster sauce until noodles are dark. You may need to add a half cup of water. Noodles dry fast when cooking.
5. Sprinkle sweet soy sauce and continue tossing mixture. Add a little more water. Then sprinkle salty soy sauce and black pepper. You may need to add another half cup of water.
6. Noodles are ready.
Tip: You may use canned ham, Spam or other lucheon meat.
Tip: You can make this dish vegetarian by removing the meat. Just make a thin omlet with two eggs and cut into pieces. Add omlet towards the end.
Tip: I use an Asian shredder to cut carrots into long strands.