1. Clean the mussels. Open mussels and discard one side of shell.
2. Lie mussels close together on a cookie sheet. Sprinkle with powered chicken stock. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese so it lies within shell. Sprinkle with black pepper. You may add salt if the chicken broth is not salty enough.
3. Bake with top and bottom heating elements on at 200 degrees Celsius for 10 minutes or until cheese is golden brown. Enjoy.
1 lb (or 1/2 kg) mussels
4 shallots, finely diced
4 cloves garlic, finely diced
1 teaspoon thyme, finely diced
1 teaspoon basil, finely diced
1 cup red wine
Salt and pepper
1. Add shallots and garlic to pan and sweat them a little. Add the wine, salt, and pepper and bring to a boil.
2. Add the mussels, thyme, and basil. Cover with a lid and steam between five and ten minutes. Stir occasionally. Fresh mussels open when cooked. Discard closed mussels. Frozen mussels may be already opened.
Tip: Fresh herbs add more flavor to recipe.