1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (or 190 degrees C).
2. Mix dry ingredients thoroughly except the oats and raisins. Sift baking soda and baking powder through a mesh.
3. Melt butter in a sauce pan under low heat. Add wet ingredients, butter, vanilla, and eggs and mix thoroughlyj with dry mixture.
4. Mix in oats and ensure oats have an even coating. Then mix in raisins.
5. Grease a cookie sheet. Using hands, form one-inch disks and space balls about 2 inches a part.
6. Cookies bake in about 10 minutes. Let cookies cool. Makes about 18 cookies.
Note: I reduced the sugar in half.
Note: Batter has the same consistency of brownies. Thus, you can bake whole batter at once like brownies.
Note: The combination of baking powder and baking soda give the cookies a nice brownish glow.