1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (or 190 degrees C).
2. Mix dry ingredients thoroughly - sugars, flour, baking soda, and salt.Sift the baking soda and baking powder through a mesh.
3. Melt butter in a sauce pan under low heat. Add wet ingredients, butter, peanut butter, vanilla, and egg and mix thoroughly.
4. Grease a cookie sheet. Using hands, grab dough and roll into a one inch balls. Space balls about 2 inches a part. Using a fork, press down on a ball to flatten it about a 1/4 inch. Then rotate fork and press down again to form a crisscross pattern.
5. Cookies bake in about 10 minutes. Let cookies cool. Makes about 18 cookies.
Note: I reduced the sugar in half.