This recipe makes two pumpkin pies using a toaster oven.
1. For the crust, melt the butter at low heat. Add butter to the flour, water, sugar, and salt and mix well. Use your hands to help knead the dough. The water helps the dough stick together better.
2. Form and press half the dough into a pan. Use a small rolling pin (or small glass jar) to even out the dough. The dough easily breaks apart.
3. Bake the crust in the oven for 10 minutes at 200 degrees Celsius with both top and bottom heating elements on.
4. For the filling, clean the pumpkin or squash. Roast pumpkin pulp in an oven or steam until pumpkin is soft. Use a blender to puree pumpkin to make two cups.
5. Add brown sugar, cinnamon, salt, eggs, evaporated milk, and honey to pumpkin and blend well.
6. Add half the batter to the pie and bake in a toaster oven at 200 degrees Celsius from 20 to 25 minutes with upper and lower heating elements on.
7. Let pie cool and chill in a refrigerator for two hours. Then make second pie.
Note: The original recipe listed ground ginger and ground cloves. However, these are my two least favorite seasonings so I left them out.
Note: Roasted squash or pumpkin seeds are delicious.