1. Clean and slice potatoes, and cook over medium heat in a skillet with several tablespoons of vegetable oil. Cover with a lid so steam can cook the potatoes. Brown one side of the potatoes and flip the other side. Place potatoes on plate as the first layer.
2. Brown the onion, green peppers, and jalapeño. Remove after onions and peppers are soft.
3. Blend eggs and milk until smooth. Add more oil to skillet and sautéed the egg mixture. The trick with an omelet is to cover the skillet with a lid and cook under very low heat. When the egg mixture hardens, turn over gently to cook other side.
4. Place the onions, peppers, sour cream, and shredded cheese on one side of the omelette. Fold the omelette on the other side.
5. Cut the omelette in two and place on top of the potatoes. Sprinkle freshly diced tomatoes as the third layer. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
Tip: You can substitute salsa for the tomatoes. Refer to the homemade salsa recipe.
Tip: When cutting the jalapeno, remove the seeds and white ribs inside the pepper. This significantly reduces the pepper's spiciness.
Tip: After dicing a tomato, I sprinkle salt to help remove the water from the tomato.