1. Wash rice until clear. Add to covered pot or rice cooker with two cups of water. Place pandan leaves with rice and steam until finished.
2. Make sauce by blending sauce ingredients. Add water until you have one cup of sauce. Place at the side.
3. Add meat to wok with oil and saute over medium heat. When meat is almost done, add carrots and other vegetables that take a while to soften.
4. Add the remaining vegetables such as green pepper, broccoli, and onion that cook fast and also the garlic.
5. Then add the sauce. The sauce thickens quickly. If sauce is too thick, add more water. Finally, add the nuts.
6. The whole stir fry should take 20 minutes or less. With practice, one can saute the vegetables just right so they are slightly firm. Add stir fry onto rice and enjoy.
Tip: Some add oyster sauce at the end because they believe the heat destroys the flavor.
Tip: Stir fry is flexible. You can remove vegetables or add new ones like bamboo shoots, cauliflower, water chestnuts, mushrooms, minuter corn cobbs, and baby pea shells. Stir fry is one of those dishes that people can enjoy although they dislike vegetables.