1. Cook the rice in a pot. Add two cups of water to one cup of rice. Sprinkle a little salt and a tablespoon of butter or oil. Cover and simmer until the rice absorbs all the water.
2. Add onions, garlic, ground beef, and rice to a bowl. Use your hands to mix thoroughly. Mix in one can of tomato paste, the diced tomatoes, and the seasoning. Continue mixing until well blended.
3. Cut top off peppers 1/2 inch from the stem end, and remove seeds and the white inner ribs. Then rinse peppers in cold water. You may want to cut evenly across the bottom so the green pepper will stand on its own. Stuff green peppers with filling and set upright in baking dish.
4. Combine the other can of tomato paste with a little water and finely diced garlic,. Simmer on a sauce pan and sprinkle salt, black pepper, oregano, basil, and a touch of sugar. The paste should have the consistency of a thick gravy. Then ladle the gravy over the stuffed green peppers.
5. Bake in a oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit from 30 to 45 minutes.
Tip: You can also steam the peppers in a large pot. Place the peppers in a deep pot standing up right and fill the bottom inch of the pot with water. Then steam the peppers for 30 minutes. Make sure you check the pot frequently and add water if needed. After the peppers are cooked, then ladle the tomato paste over the top.
Tip: You may add a 1/2 teaspoon of Worcestershire Sauce, dash of Louisiana hot sauce, and/or a tablespoon of sugar to the tomato paste, depending on your taste.